A leg workout is a type of exercise that focuses on the legs(thighs, hamstrings ,glutes) specifically the lower body. Many people in gym skip legs day as they feel overwhelmed. Everyone should pay same attention to lower body as on upper body Leg workouts are often incorporated as a part of a full-body strength training routine, and can be done using bodyweight, free weights, resistance bands, or machine-based equipment
Why You Should Not Skip Your Legs Workout
- You’ll miss out on gains. The legs are some of the largest muscles in the body, so when you train them, you can expect to see some serious gains.
- Your upper body will suffer. When you skip leg day, you’re not just missing out on gains in your legs, you’re also missing out on gains in your upper body. This is because the legs are connected to the upper body via the hips and core.
- You’ll increase your risk of injury. When you don’t train your legs, you’re not just missing out on gains, you’re also increasing your risk of injury. This is because the legs are responsible for absorbing a lot of the impact when you run or jump.
- You’ll look unbalanced. When you have strong legs and a weak upper body, you’ll look unbalanced. This is because
Does legs Workout Helps To Boost Testosterone
Yes legs workout helps you to boast your testosterone because leg workouts tend to be very intense and they help to stimulate the production of testosterone. So, if you’re looking for a way to boost your testosterone levels, legs workouts are a great place to start with
Warmup Before Legs Workout
- Cycle (10mins)
- Hamstring Swipes (15reps)
- Hip opener (15reps)
- Cobra To mountain (15reps)
Stretching After Legs Workout
- 1.Supine Quad Stretch (left,right) (40secs)
- Seated Hamstring Stretch (left,right) (40secs)
- Straddle Adductor Stretch (30secs)
- Butterfly fold (30sec)
What are The Best Legs Workout
1. Barbell Back Squads
This exercise is often considered one of the most effective exercises for building strength and size in the legs Additionally, it is also considered as a compound exercise that primarily target the quadriceps muscles in the front of the thigh, as well as the glutes and hamstrings in the back of the thigh. However, proper form and technique is crucial in order to avoid injury and to ensure maximum effectiveness of the exercise. This exercises is one of the best legs workout.
3sets- 12-8reps (for beginners)
They are a unilateral exercise, meaning that one leg is worked at a time, which can help to improve imbalances in muscle. Lunges can be done forward, backward, lateral or diagonal
How To Perform Lunges
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, and your hands on your hips or holding dumbbells, barbell or kettlebells
- Take a large step forward with one foot, and lower your body straight down by bending the front knee and the back knee.
- The front knee should be directly above the ankle, and the back knee should be just above the ground.
- Keep your torso upright, and your head and shoulders in a neutral position.
- Push through the heel of the front foot to raise your body back to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement with the opposite leg.
- Repeat the movement for the desired number of reps and sets.
It’s important to keep your core tight and your back straight throughout the entire movement, and to not let the knee of your forward leg go beyond your toes. It’s also important to keep your front knee at 90 degree angle and avoid leaning forward as you lunge. As you become more experienced with lunges, you can try different variations such as reverse lunges, side lunges, and walking lunges to target different muscle groups and add variety to your workout routine.
3sets- 10-8reps (for beginners)
3. Leg press
It’s a compound exercise that works multiple muscle groups at once, and can be a good alternative for those who have lower back issues and want to target their legs. As with any exercise, it’s important to use proper form and technique to avoid injury and to ensure maximum effectiveness of the exercise
How To Do Leg press
- Adjust the machine to your body size and adjust the weight stack.
- Sit on the machine and place your feet on the platform, with your feet hip-width apart.
- Your knees should be at a 90-degree angle, and your back should be firmly pressed against the backrest.
- Grasp the handles on the sides of the machine, or keep your arms crossed over your chest.
- Slowly press the platform away from your body, straightening your legs and pushing through your heels.
- Keep your back against the backrest and your core engaged throughout the entire movement.
- Lower the weight back to the starting position, by bending your knees and bringing the platform back towards your body.
- Repeat the movement for the desired number of reps and sets.
It’s important to maintain proper form and technique throughout the entire movement, and to not lock your knees at the top of the movement. You should also avoid hyperextending your legs, and keep your core engaged. Remember to breathe deeply throughout the movement, and to keep your back against the backrest.
4sets- 12-10reps(for beginners)
4. Leg Extension
Leg Extension an isolation exercise as it only targets one muscle group(quadriceps) and can be done as a finisher exercise after your compound exercises this exercise is performed using a machine specifically designed for this purpose, which typically has a seated pad for the user to sit on, and a padded lever that is moved by the user’s feet. . However, proper form and technique is crucial to avoid injury, and to ensure maximum effectiveness of the exercise. It’s important to keep your lower back pressed against the pad and to not use your lower back to lift the weight, also, you should avoid locking your knee at the top of the movement and keep the weight controlled throughout the movement.
5. Leg Curl
The leg curl, also known as the hamstring curl targets the muscles on the back of the thigh, specifically the hamstrings. It’s considered an isolation exercise as it only targets one muscle group and can be done as a finisher exercise after your compound exercises. This is the best exercises for building strong hamstrings
6. Dumbbell Sumo Squats
They are a variation of the traditional squat exercise that primarily targets the quadriceps, glutes, and hamstrings. The exercise is performed with dumbbells, and the wide stance of the feet and the position of the dumbbells make it different from regular squats .It also helps to increase stability and balance This is one of the best legs workout
How To Do Dumbbell Sumo Squads
- Stand with your feet wider than shoulder-width apart, with your toes pointed outwards.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand at arm’s length next to your sides, with your palms facing each other.
- Lower your body as far as you can by pushing your hips back and bending your knees.
- Keep your back straight and your chest up, and make sure your knees stay in line with your toes.
- Push through your heels to return to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement for the desired number of reps and sets
Sart with a light weight, increase as you get comfortable with the movement and add more weight as you progress
To end a leg workout, it’s important to cool down and stretch your muscles properly. This can help to prevent injury, and also aid in recovery and muscle growth.
It’s also important to remember to hydrate, replenish electrolytes and have a healthy meal after the workout to help your muscles recover.
These all are best legs workout exercises
Hope you enjoyed this “Legs Workout” and learned something
7. Calf Raise
Calf raises targets the muscles in the calves, specifically the gastrocnemius and soleus muscles. This is one of the neglected exercises in gym. The exercise is performed by standing on the edge of a step or raised platform, with the balls of the feet on the edge and the heels hanging off. The individual then raises up on their toes and lowers back down, repeating the movement for a set number of repetitions. Calf raises can be done with or without added weight, such as holding dumbbells or a barbell, to increase the intensity of the exercise.